[vdr] vdpau setup steps for vdr client

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Thu Dec 3 19:44:09 CET 2009

>I wouldn't bother upgrading, to be honest.
>
> I've had several attempts to upgrade to 1.7 and VDPAU - but consistently
> get audio/video sync problems with live video and issues with indexing
> during rewinding/forwarding during playback.  Have spent more hours than I
> care to say trying to fix this, only to downgrade again.
>
> vdr-1.6.0 and xine-0.8.0 work just fine for me!!

To be fair to my comment above, I've had audio sync problems with live TV on
all versions above vdr-xine-0.8.0 which is why I've never been able to run a
newer version in production.  I've had several posts on this and tried
everything anyone has suggested - but after an hour or my wife banging on
about the poor quality, always downgrade back to VDR-1.6.0 and
VDR-XINE-0.8.0

So I don't think my problems are related to VDPAU or VDR-1.7.x.

-Simon