[vdr] US OTA ATSC - Does it work?

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 22:18:00 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Calypso Cricket
<calypsocricket at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been banging my head on trying to get my two ATSC cards to show
> content in VDR. I have applied the patch
> (http://www.fepg.org/patches/vdr-1.7.2-atsc-0.0.3.diff)  and also the
> plugin found here: http://www.fepg.org/atscepgReadMe.html
>
> However, the plugin does not lock onto any channels. I am able to use
> 'scan' and 'w_scan'. However, these scan tools does not seem to produce
> the correct channels.conf file format.
>
> If anyone has made US OTA ATSC work, please provide some guidance. Thank
> you.

I know a few people who have been struggling with VDR+ATSC for quite a
while.  I've wanted to give it a go myself but not if it's a constant
fight/hassle to have it running.  Hopefully ATSC support will become a
part of vanilla VDR at some point but I honestly don't think that's
very high on the priority list.  Doesn't hurt to ask however!