[vdr] vdr shutdownskript - wrong time

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Tue Dec 22 20:39:53 CET 2009

Hi !

Looks like vdr's shutdownskript hook is not properly working. Since it
seems to be undocumented in vdr man page i took my information from here:

http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/C%27t-VDR_-_Hooks

#!/bin/sh
# Simple ACPI shutdown hook
# $1 : Next timer seconds from 1970 from 1970/01/01, UTC
# $2 : Next timer seconds from now
# $3 : Next timer title
# $4 : Shutdown forced

If the time is far enough in the future this is correct, if it is only
few minutes in the future it gets horribly wrong (now +30 minutes or
something similar)
(The argument $1 is supplied wrong to the script)

This is vdr 1.7.10 . I remember that some people have written this is a
known problem. But why is it happening ? Has somebody debugged this
allready ?