[vdr] vdr shutdownskript - wrong time

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Sat Dec 26 11:37:38 CET 2009

VDR User schrieb:
> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Klaus Schmidinger
> <Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de> wrote:
>
>> At some point the shutdown mechanism apparently became "rocket science"
>> and I decided to no longer touch it (especially since I don't even use
>> it myself).
>>

> ;)
>
> Personally I don't see any real reason to ever shut down/wakeup
> feature.  Maybe that's useful for guys running VDR on laptops or old
> pc's that consume a lot of power(?).  I only use VDR in my living room
> as my main tv/media source, and on a test box for messing around with
> but that's it.  I don't actually watch tv on a computer monitor.

Well, i can wait the 8 seconds (well with Bios maybe 15 sec) the machine
needs to boot.
I don't know what you consider a lot of power (here 60-100W depending on
apps running - anyway it doesn't matter where you put the bar),
but what you say sounds like i don't care about environment/ other
people, which is provocative and sounds ignorant for
some people at the place where i live.

There are 8-10 hours where i sleep and another 8-10 hours where i am at
work,
which is at least 16 hours of 3W power consumption -
i don't need the VDR running at that time, as long as my recordings are
taken care off. If i should need it from external, i can wake it up by WOL.

Think about it !

Anyway lets keep any further discussion about that off-list.

Kind Regards

Steffen