[vdr] rewind recordings doesn't work with xineliboutput and vdr 1.7.10

Petri Helin phelin at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 30 00:03:20 CET 2009

On 12/29/2009 09:32 PM, Gerald Dachs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> if I try to rewind a recording, I can see the movie going fast
> backwards, but if I stop rewinding, the movie continues from the moment
> I started the rewinding.
> This doesn't happen with xine-ui and the xine-plugin and with xbmc
> using the streamdev-plugin, so I believe it is a xineliboutput problem.
>
> I use a cvs snapshot from today and vdr 1.7.10 on Ubuntu 9.10,
> xinelib 1.2 with vdpau patch r285 and durchflieger cropping patch.
>
> I posted this already on the xineliboutput-user ML, but this list seems
> to be dead.
>
> Gerald

It should work for old PES recordings, I think. The changelog reveals
that backward trickspeed is not yet even expected to work:
http://xineliboutput.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xineliboutput/vdr-xineliboutput/device.c?sortby=date&view=log

(see revision 1.81: forward trick speeds should now work. Backward
trickspeeds won't work yet)

-Petri