[vdr] VDR 1.7.0 & S2API - Channels not Available

Ales Jurik ajurik at quick.cz
Wed Feb 4 15:18:39 CET 2009

On Wednesday 04 of February 2009, Morfsta wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Klaus Schmidinger
>
> <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> wrote:
> > Well, even using *any* version 1.7.x in a productive environment
> > is a risk ;-)
>
> [SNIP]
>
> > S2API was necessary for HDTV channels, and recording HDTV channels
> > only makes sense in TS. The PES recording of HDTV broadcasts was never
> > officially supported by VDR.
>
> The other problem is that I don't think anyone has got VDR 1.7.4
> working with the eHD yet, which is my output device... :-( So it seems
> everywhere I look at the moment I am stuck. :-(

Here are patches for eHD and vdr-1.7.4. I've tested it only for a little time
as I didn't have enough time (now I revert back to vdr-1.7.0 with
multiproto).

Included are two patches - first is for reelbox plugin. In file
ReelBoxDevice.c patch solves the audio problem (vdr is sending audio with
zero trackid and reelbox plugin cancel such streams). In setupmenu.c is
solved the problem with saving config and in VideoPlayerPipHd.c the include
solves for me compile problem in amd64 linux.

In the patch for vdr in part of device.c is patch from Klaus for subtitles and
rest is very quick and dirty patch for osd to compile with reelbox plugin. It
mostly revert the vdr osd to 1.7.0 version of files, but it seems to be
working at minimum with default STTNG skin, other skins are not tested.

Enjoy,

BR,

Ales