[vdr] vdr-sxfe from background script

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 21:02:49 CET 2009

Hi all,

I wonder what am I doing wrong.

I've set up a script that will run vdr-sxfe in a loop. When I want to
restart vdr-sxfe, I just kill it and the script is suppose to run it again.

The problem is that when this script is run in background (& at the end),
the job is shown as "stopped".
I've tried to run vdr-sxfe itself in background, it opens the window and the
job stops.
I know there is a switch that will run it in daemon mode, but that's not
that good for the script I want to have.

Any ideas what can be wrong or any other ways to run vdr-sxfe from
background?

Thanks.