Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 22:24:28 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 11:17 PM, Klaus Schmidinger <
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> wrote:

> On 08.01.2009 20:41, Alex Betis wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 7:50 PM, user. vdr <user.vdr at gmail.com
> > <mailto:user.vdr at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Klaus Schmidinger
> >     <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de <mailto:Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de>>
> >     wrote:
> >     >  + The directory name for a recording has been changed from
> >     >    YYYY-MM-DD-hh[.:]mm.pr.lt.rec (pr=priority, lt=lifetime) to
> >     >    YYYY-MM-DD-hh.mm.ch-ri.rec (ch=channel, ri=resumeId).
> >
> >     Is the channel number even necessary information to store in a
> >     dirname?  I've experienced many times where channels have been
> >     shuffled (requiring a rescanning & a new channels.conf)
> >     so channel 100 could be one network today and a different one
> >     tomorrow.  Maybe a better choice would be using the channel
> shortname,
> >     for example:
> >
> >     YYYY-MM-DD-hh.mm.CNN-ri.rec
> >     YYYY-MM-DD-hh.mm.BBC-ri.rec
> >

> > I don't know how VDR work, but I think it will be wise to have a file
> > with the same filename and ".info" or even ".epg" extension that will
> > have relevant EPG section for the recorded program including full
> > channel name.
>
> That's all already contained in the 'info' file of a recording.

Great! So I didn't reinvent the wheel :)

> > If the recording timer was set manualy, maybe it should include all
> > programs that lay between start and end of the recording.
>
> It stores the EPG data of the longest broadcast within the timer window.

That's fine if only one program is intended to be recorded. What if someone
wants to record a bunch of programs?
There are lots of music shows in the night between 31/12 and 01/01 of every
year. With old tape recorder I just pressed REC and hope that the tape will
contain as many programs as possible. In such case I would like to see all
recorded programs descriptions.