[vdr] vdr-sxfe + remote control

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 23:05:05 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Gerald Dachs <vdr at dachsweb.de> wrote:

> Am Sat, 17 Jan 2009 22:37:47 +0200
> schrieb Alex Betis <alex.betis at gmail.com>:

> > > No, that will not work. If you give both vdr and vdr-sxfe the option
> > > --lirc you will get every action twice.  I use the option --lirc
> > > with vdr-sxfe and the option --lirc=/dev/null with vdr, so that I
> > > can use lirc with xbmc after I have stopped vdr-sxfe without
> > > stopping vdr.
> >
> > That's about that I've tried to do.
> >
> > How do you stop the vdr-sxfe? Assign a RC button to ESC?
> No, I kill it from a script

Ok, also an option.

> > How about the repetition setting in vdr-sxfe
> I don't know what this is

Doesn't your RC produce multiple pushes when you don't release the button in
short time?
When you don't want that to happen, you can set "repeat = 0" in lircrc. When
you do want that to happen, such as for volume or up/down buttons, you just
set the repeat option to the rate you want to have.

How do you solve that issue within vdr-sxfe?
Could you also post your remotes.conf as an example? Or at least few buttons
from it.

Thanks.