[vdr] compiling the xine-1.2 with external ffmpeg

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 25 21:26:27 CET 2009

I demand that Stefan Ellenberger may or may not have written...

> So I tried to build xine-lib-1.2 the debian way...
> - modified changelog
> - modified debian/rules Makefile with my configure options
> - tried to meet all dependencies of the control file

> But there are various dependencies I simply can't meet because they would
> conflict with files installed by svn ffmpeg:

> libavcodec-dev (>= 0.cvs20080206) | libavcodeccvs-dev,
> libavformat-dev (>= 0.cvs20080206) | libavformatcvs-dev,
> libpostproc-dev (>= 0.cvs20080206) | libpostproccvs-dev,
> libavutil-dev (>= 0.cvs20080206) | libavutilcvs-dev,

> So I removed those from the control file

You could install the ffmpeg libs from experimental, or grab the source and
recompile. You may also be able to use the .diff.gz to build .debs from your
checked-out source.

http://packages.debian.org/source/experimental/ffmpeg-debian

[snip]
| + Output less CO2 => avoid boiling weather.     TIME IS RUNNING OUT *FAST*.

The truth is a virus...