[vdr] Delaying subtitles

Hannu Tirkkonen vdr at hanu.com
Mon Jan 26 19:26:37 CET 2009

Josce wrote:
> My problem is that vdr 1.6.0 with the reelbox plugin
> displays the subtitles 6 seconds too early.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a simple way to add a
> 6 seconds delay to the subtitles?
>
> I tried to look at the old subtitle plugin and how it
> was done there but couldn't see how to apply that to
> the subtitle handling that vdr does.
>
> Regards,
>
> Josce

I just noticed that there's a patch for 1.6.0 and 1.7.4...
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~rahrenbe/vdr/patches/vdr-1.6.0-dvbsubs-delay.patch.gz
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~rahrenbe/vdr/patches/vdr-1.7.4-dvbsubs-delay.patch.gz

At least the description says:

Allows you to add an additional delay in tenth of seconds for
showing the subtitles. The valid range is -20...100. This
option is only available if "Display subtitles" is set to 'yes'.

I'll try to have some time to test this one. The ttxtsubs delay can be
set and I can live with that, but if this one solves the problems with
the subtitles, I'm going to freeze the vdr version 1.7.4 for quite a
long time ;)

...hanu