[vdr] More features for Livebuffer

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:50:42 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Gavin Hamill <gdh at acentral.co.uk> wrote:
> My 2c...
>
> RAM is cheap - just add some RAM and use a memory-based filesystem like
> tmpfs? Then there would be no special handling required from VDR since
> the 'livebuffer' file is part of the directory tree like any other file.

Not a bad idea really as long as nothing else needs ram.  I recorded
70mins worth of 1080i HDTV the other day and total size was about
3.5G.  4GB is about $35-$40 for DDR2-800 so it's not too expensive.  I
usually take advantage of mail-in-rebates so I've actually got a few
2x2GB kits here that I haven't paid more then $20 for each and all my
boxes have at least 4GB in them already.

Is it possible to resize the live buffer is another app needs more ram?