[vdr] Popcorn as VDR frontend
jna at jna.pp.se
Sat Mar 14 18:32:39 CET 2009
Thank you for your responses. I would be happy for any help offered and
would gladly share any results I come up with. If anyone wants my diffs
for building xinelib/vdr-fbe on PCH, please mail me.
For me, the overall goal is:
- Get the functionality of a full VDR frontend on PCH
The current tech. idea is;
- Use mono to display audio/video
- Use custom directfb app to display xineliboutput VDR OSD and
get lirc input
The initial tasklist as I see it:
- Test mono with xineliboutput http access
- Make a simple directfb app displaying some image and see
if it can show it ontop of a running mono av-stream.
- Hack vdr-fbfe/xinelib wildly to get OSD from xineliboutput
- Possibly rewrite without using xinelib.
It might be good to locate the 'project' somewhere with a decent Wiki
and SVN repository. Please suggest something.
Please note though that the time I can put on this is very limited, my
VDR adventures is a very slow moving process, with family, house and
work taking up most of my time.
Johan Andersson, jna at jna.pp.se
More information about the vdr