[vdr] Where do you live and what kind of broadcast do you receive?

Petri Helin phelin at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 18 21:21:03 CET 2009

Hi,

I have wondered for some time how broad has VDR spread and how is it
really used. So, if people could post their location and the type of
broadcast they are receiving, we could get some kind of understanding
about the state of DVB (or ATSC) as it is now. Just a brief description,
using myself as an example:

Country: Finland
Transmission: DVB-C
Encoding: MPEG-2 for SD (tens of channels) and h.264 for HD (less than
10 channels)

The main point is to get an idea of the standards used across the globe.
I know that wiki etc give some idea, but you can never beat the first
hand information.

-Petri