[vdr] xinelibout --hud + xcompmgr = tearing

Jörn Reder joern at zyn.de
Wed Mar 18 22:54:29 CET 2009

Alex Betis wrote:

> I gave the nice xinelibout hud another try, but have to revert back since
> running composite manager
> creates tearing while watching movies. I've tries with xcompmgr with -n
> option.
>
> Does anybody know how to fix that?
> Or maybe there is another lightweight composite manager available?
>
> Without xcompmgr running there is no tearing at all.

This is a known limitation of (at least) the NVidia drivers. Quoting the
NVidia README:

--snip--

The Composite extension also causes problems with other driver
components:

  [...]

     On X.Org 7.1 and higher, the driver will properly redirect video into
     offscreen pixmaps. Note that the Xv adaptors will ignore the
     sync-to-vblank option when drawing into a redirected window.

--snip--

Regards,

Jörn

--