No subject

Fri Mar 27 16:17:27 CET 2009

timed recording until this recording starts. There are a bunch of channels
where this leads to unwelcome side effects:

- Take a channel that is using place holder events in the "now" section
of epg during commerical breaks between two events.
- Take a channel that is broadcasting only one status signal=2C timed
to the ending of each event. So you have the whole comerical break
recorded as well.

Vdr will start the recording with the status signal - this one bumps right =
into the
beginning of the placeholder event. Thus the epg data vdr grabs is from the=
 placeholder
event=2C thus it is empty.

I know it is the broadcasters fault=2C not vdr - I assume broadcasters usin=
g digital vps
should *never* switch now/next epg events before the next event is indeed r=
unning.
They sure can use place holder events between two scheduled events=2C but i=
f they decide
to do so=2C they should wait switching now/next event until the next event =
starts.

If my broadcaster only could stick to this rule of thumb=2C there couldn't =
be a problem=2C sadly he
never does.

What can I do?

I'd like vdr to wait a few minutes until he grabs epg data - or vdr could g=
rab the epg data right
away when I add the timer. Both ways sould be working.

http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=3DM0906xWLM2009
Neu: Messenger 2009! Hier kostenlos downloaden!=

--_f76894fa-609f-4ca6-8b36-96aa2144ef70_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
</head>
hello<br><br>From what I observe vdr is waiting to grap the epg content of =
a <br>timed recording until this recording starts. There are a bunch of cha=
l that is using place holder events in the "now" section<br>of epg during c=
ommerical breaks between two events.<br>- Take a channel that is broadcasti=
ng only one status signal=2C timed<br>to the ending of each event. So you h=
e recording with the status signal - this one bumps right into the<br>begin=
ning of the placeholder event. Thus the epg data vdr grabs is from the plac=
fault=2C not vdr - I assume broadcasters using digital vps<br>should *never=
* switch now/next epg events before the next event is indeed running.<br>Th=
ey sure can use place holder events between two scheduled events=2C but if =
they decide<br>to do so=2C they should wait switching now/next event until =
the next event starts.<br><br>If my broadcaster only could stick to this ru=
le of thumb=2C there couldn't be a problem=2C sadly he<br>never does.<br><b=
r>What can I do?<br><br>I'd like vdr to wait a few minutes until he grabs e=
pg data - or vdr could grab the epg data right<br>away when I add the timer=
voll? Der erste Speicher=2C der mitw=E4chst: <a href=3D'http://redirect.gim=
as.net/?n=3DM0906WLHM1' target=3D'_new'>Unbegrenzter Speicher bei Windows L=
ive Hotmail!</a></body>

--_f76894fa-609f-4ca6-8b36-96aa2144ef70_--