[vdr] [OT] ARM based devices for VDR server and client

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Sun Nov 1 21:06:35 CET 2009

>> I have N810 (Arm 2420 Omap) and tested the playback of sdtv with it by=20
>> using the mplayer as a player which connected to VDR streamdev server.
>> For a while the playback was good but then there were also moments where=
> =20
>> the playback or sounds get scattered.
> =A0
> Nokia N800 was reported to have inefficient graphics hardware (I assume N81=
> 0=20
> is quite the same) :

Well, I was not fully sure were those scatterings caused by the graphic
hardware or wlan. Because for a while the screen were actually fine.

In addition that omap version is supposed to have support for davinci dsp
chipset and prebuild codecs for a acceleration of various
sound/picture/video formats. In reality I do not know how much those
capabilities are used or how linux apps like mplayer could advantage
them...

http://www.go-dsp.com/forms/TIDigitalMediaSWCM/index.htm

Mika