[vdr] vdpau experience

Theunis Potgieter theunis.potgieter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:14:46 CET 2009

On 09/11/2009, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir at netenviron.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/9 Theunis Potgieter <theunis.potgieter at gmail.com>:
>
> > Yesterday I tried from scratch:
>  >
>  > xine-lib-1.2 with r284 patch
>  > vdr-xineliboutput cvs (commited 20091106) no cropping patch applied.
>  > _Downgraded_ nvidia-drivers to 180.60
>  > SD channels works 100%, bad wifi connection didn't cause vdr-sxfe to
>  > crash.
>

> How are channel changes with this version of xine-lib & patch?

Changing the channel did cause some artefacts from previous channel to
linger, so the first 2 seconds it displays artefacts and/or green
blocks. Same happens when I play a recording, and press 7/9 to jump
between marks. When I press the jump key, the screen does not update
and I have to press play to update the screen.

Was tested on nvidia 8400 GS (G98)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo#The_Third_Generation_PureVideo_HD

0dBi / silent. Reported 41'C max temperature reached.