[vdr] Hulu for Linux

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Wed Nov 11 09:08:20 CET 2009

Michael Stepanov schrieb:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Timothy D. Lenz <tlenz at vorgon.com
> <mailto:tlenz at vorgon.com>> wrote:
>
>     I already have debain linux/vdr setup. 64 bit on my system and 32
>     on my dads. I don't want to rip it all out and start over with
>     another flavor of linux.
>

> Then XBMC will help you ;) Here is one way to integrate VDR and XBMC
> using streamdev plugin -
> http://blog.mymediasystem.net/avchd/xbmc-on-karmic-with-vdpau-and-vdr/
> There is also another way without streamdev, which is better as people
> talk.
And then, how does it related to the OP question ?

>     Michael Stepanov wrote:
>
>         Hi Timothy,
>
>         You may try LinuxMCE - http://linuxmce.com, which includes
>         VDR, MythTV and now Hulu :) Or you can try XBMC+VDR
>
>         On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Timothy D. Lenz
>         <tlenz at vorgon.com <mailto:tlenz at vorgon.com>
>         <mailto:tlenz at vorgon.com <mailto:tlenz at vorgon.com>>> wrote:
>
>            Hulu now has a linux interface. And it seems MythTv can use
>         it. what
>            about vdr? Can it be done without installing a desktop?
>
>            http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=139868

To my understanding, yes and no, depends on what you understand to be a
desktop. You need X for it and something to launch it. (Flash interface)
+ Flashplayer (i believe Gnash can't do it yet ?)

The XBMC could be your "Desktop" and i believe, what the answers before
trying you to say is you could launch Hulu Desktop from within XBMC (not
proven as i can't - neither XBMC here yet, nor can i use hulu) So
whatever else, you need X and display X on your TV.

HTH

Steffen