[vdr] Recommendation for new hd vdr system.

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Sun Nov 15 01:56:00 CET 2009

Luca Olivetti schrieb:
> En/na Steffen Barszus ha escrit:
>

>> C2D E7x00
>
> Isn't that overkill? (I mean, with hw accelerated people are using an
> atom)
Yes it is, but
* the CPU should have some potential for undervolting
* configuration on speedstep i hope i can tweak

I hope to get some potential for easy converting/whatever??? and have a
not so hungry CPU otherwise (i read something like 8W idle which matches
my current CPU which i used last years and it should idle most of he
time assuming vdpau works as expected)

>> Mainboard w/o IGP
>> GT210/220
>
> If I go this route (separate motherboard and graphic card) what about
> audio through hdmi?
> Any card will do or should I look for a specific one with some form of
> spdif pass-through?
I don't have experience on this and its not a concern for me, but maybe
still give you some facts:

* the cards all have an audio pass trough, no connector though
* the card reports to have an audio device
* this audio device is not supported yet, but some people reported
success to at last get it recognized with some patches, not sure if its
working for anyone allready