[vdr] Recommendation for new hd vdr system.

Seppo Ingalsuo seppo.ingalsuo at iki.fi
Sun Nov 15 13:03:38 CET 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-15 at 12:24 +0100, Artem Makhutov wrote:

> Sorry, then I don't understand your problem. I have absolutly no
> problems with my Zotac ION Mainboard and HDMI Audio output.

I think some motherboard integrated chipsets have had working HDMI audio
for some time, even Nvidia, PCI-E cards have not had the support. But I
wouldn't like to swap my not-that-old P5Q motherboard for this.

> I am using PCM Stereo output and when I have DD sound then I am using
> AC3/DTS PassThrough over HDMI.

Pass-trough (even via SPDIF) is fine if the content is DD or stereo. I
suppose encoded HD audio (DTS HD or Dolby TruHD from Blu-Ray)
pass-trough is missing from many graphics cards even in Windows but
personally I wouldn't mind seeing 7.1ch PCM indicator instead in the AV
receiver like with my fat PS3.

BR,
Seppo