[vdr] Recommendation for new hd vdr system.

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Tue Nov 17 17:46:18 CET 2009

En/na Seppo Ingalsuo ha escrit:

> With just VDR DVB-C/T/S as a source there probably is no real advantage
> to upgrade to HDMI only over legacy SPDIF from TV to AVR setup.

If the only planned source is a pc (running vdr and, say, xmbc), would
it make sense to bypass the av receiver completely and just decode the
audio on the pc connected to the speakers?
Or it doesn't make sense (since you'll need an amplifier for each
channel anyway, so you could just as well buy an av receiver)?
Just asking, since with wife, kids, and neighbours, I'll probably have
to convince myself that the tv speakers are good enough ;-)

Bye
--
Luca