[vdr] deinterlacing VDR-HD on xine?

Füley István aironet at tigercomp.ro
Tue Nov 24 19:21:35 CET 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Torgeir Veimo wrote:

>> and in your .xine/config
>>
>> # vdpau: HD deinterlace method
>> # { bob  half temporal  half temporal_spatial  temporal
>> temporal_spatial }, default: 3
>> video.output.vdpau_deinterlace_method:temporal
>>
>> Or whichever method you'd like to try. Not all hardware supports
>> temporal_spatial.

I enabled deinterlacing in vdpau  and it's working fine :) Thanks for the
hints, deintelacing it's just fine now. Maybe it could be even better on
fast moving (ex. soccer), but the most important is that I'm having
deinterlaced HD video on my VDR without freezes!

> And maybe also
>
> # vdpau: disable deinterlacing when progressive_frame flag is set
> # bool, default: 0
> video.output.vdpau_honor_progressive:1
>
> # vdpau: disable advanced deinterlacers chroma filter
> # bool, default: 0
> video.output.vdpau_skip_chroma_deinterlace:1

I also tried these, to be honest, I see no major difference. I left them
as suggested by Torgeir Veimo. Thanks again.

One more question. I have couple of programs which are offering 16:9
content in 4:3 format, so on my 16:9 display I have a small image with
a huge black border. At the moment I have two solution for this: press Z
in xine
to zoom, or set up a 1.33 zoom ratio in vdr-xine setup window.
Is there any way to switch this zoom level on/off with my
vdr-remote?

István
believed to be clean.