[vdr] Cannot replay recordings on FF card if recorded with s2 card

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Wed Nov 25 08:48:46 CET 2009

Hi,

I have now replaced my primary video with a nice Atom board and inserted
there a Tevii S470 card.
Output is via HDMI and the xineliboutput plugin.

It is working really great, thanks a lot for the really fantastic software!

But I have now a big problem.
I upgraded now from vdr 1.7.2 to 1.7.10.
If I record now a normal PAL movie I cannot replay it with my FF card on
my old TV.
Sound is stuck and picture as well. I had a similar problem with vdr
1.7.9 and went then back to 1.7.2 which solved the problem. But now I
cannot switch back to an older version because xine will not work then
without patching a ot of stuff.

Is there a know issue with vdr newer 1.7.2 and replay on a FF
(TechnoTrend Rev 1.3) card?

Bye,
Matthias

--
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." -- Rich Cook