[vdr] vdpau setup steps for vdr client

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Wed Nov 25 20:50:16 CET 2009

I just bought a zotac ion motherboard and plan to harness it in the
weekend as a ultimate super master dream vdr client for my 19" monitor
:-)

Sofar I have used to run vdr-xineliboutput in my clients and would like to
do that also with this machine if possible. Currently my server runs vdr
1.6 but I plan to update that also to 1.7.10.

Is there anything special steps/tweaking I need to do to get the client
work nicely vdpau?
- could things work with some of the distros almost out of the box already
or do I need to
- download & build vdpay by myself
- patch and build xinelib by myself
- patch/build vdpau
- etc...

If somebody has some kind of step of step guide for the fastest and
easiest steps for getting this done with disto, you could save my
weekend :-) (New client so any distro will go... )

Have anybody done this btw in a diskless way where OS is booted from the
server?

Mika