[vdr] Dynamic PIDs

Füley István aironet at tigercomp.ro
Fri Nov 27 11:20:52 CET 2009

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009, Jouni Karvo wrote:

> True.  I don't know, however, if it is reasonable to request YLE to
> change the pids before the actual programme stream starts.

Couple of weeks ago I reported to the Hugarian Hello HD provider,
[1], that they
are not sending the correct encoding for their EPG content (ISO-8859-2).
Actually they
did not send any encoding information, so VDR used the default ISO6937
encoding, which was wrong.
After I send a mail to them, they replayed that several other users with
Technisat receivers complained about this, and they did not send EPG
encoding info until now, because official HelloHD STB-s were setup to use
the right encoding.