[vdr] VDR frontend device: Xtreamer

Theunis Potgieter theunis.potgieter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 10:55:55 CET 2009

Currently what happens is, I browse UPnP mediatomb server, select,
then get a list of "files" that are redirected exported urls of
streamdev-server. The Xtreamer does come with a preview option, so I
can either look in a small picture in picture type mode, or press OK,
and watch the channel. When I want to change the channel, I have to
press stop like I would have pressed stop when watching a normal media
file. Then it returns to the preview menu where it lists the channel
files (I had to manually add each channel url to mediatomb). Currently
audio can take up to a few minutes before it starts playing. I'm
hoping to implement the sync early patch on VDR and see if that does
make a difference. Otherwise the Xtreamer is fast, zoom features are
remembered, even plays subtitles. (next firmware release will disable
it, currently enabled by default).

If they release the SDK, I guess somebody can look at adding EPG info
and selecting channels that way. Great so far :D