[vdr] Include Path in Makefile (VDR >=1.7.15)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Dec 12 16:46:36 CET 2010

Am Sonntag, den 12.12.2010, 16:29 +0100 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

> >> No, the conditional variable assignment operator ?= allows one to
> >> replace this variable via command line/environment.
> >
> > Thats not what the HISTORY reads. Either the Makefile or the HISTORY
> > should be changed.
>
> This change was posted here on the list by Paul Menzel on 2010-04-05.

The link to the message in the archive is [1].

> I guess the phrase "Include paths are now added instead of overwriting..."
> in the HISTORY was my fault.
>
> @Paul: would it be ok with you to make this
>
> INCLUDES += -I/usr/include/freetype2
>
> instead of
>
> INCLUDES ?= -I/usr/include/freetype2

Reading my commit message,

        In some environments, i. e. when cross building, include files
        are not located in the standard path like
        `/usr/includes/freetype2`. Make it possible to provide the
        correct path without needing to patch `Makefile`.

I would say that it would not work when cross compiling. I am no expert
though. I would recommend to change the entry in HISTORY and I will ask
on openembedded-devel what they suggest.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2010-April/022831.html