[vdr] Request: E parameter in channels.conf for epg scan

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Wed Dec 15 21:25:35 CET 2010

Al 15/12/10 20:57, En/na Jouni Karvo ha escrit:

> I don't understand what would be easy in using SQL. Since the
> channels.conf-code is already there,
> and pretty stable, then obviously rewriting that to SQL is not "easy",
> but instead additional work.
> Justifying additional work needs some reason.

Well, I don't actually care either way. Using sql has advantages and
disadvantages, using channels.conf has another set of advantages and
disadvantages.
I just don't like the spreading of FUD.

> I think adding dependencies to outside packages is a burden that should
> be avoided.

I assure you that sqlite wouldn't be a burden. It's no more of an
external dependency than, say, libc.

Bye
--
Luca