[vdr] feature request easy diseqc setup and channelscan for vdr

Halim Sahin halim.sahin at t-online.de
Mon Feb 1 16:12:21 CET 2010

Hi List and Klaus,

It would be really nice if vdr could support diseqc setup directly in
vdr.

I don't know if this can be done by a plugin but the current solution is
difficult for endusers.
Setting a diseqc.conf needs some knowledge in diseqc and it's commands.
A simple interface for creating a diseqc.conf can improove the
usability of vdr!

The other thing is the channelscan problem.
We have w_scan, dvbscan wirbelscan reelchannelscan ....
I think vdr should support this out-of-the-box without any external
dependency.
Maybe through a plugin which comes with vdr itself.

What do you think?
BR.
Halim