[vdr] OT: Applications for the living room

Adrian C. anrxc at sysphere.org
Thu Feb 25 16:27:25 CET 2010

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010, Theunis Potgieter wrote:

> However I have seen where the media player option within VDR is not
> needed if you running something like XBMC as another front-end. I
> might be looking into enna http://enna.geexbox.org/ soon, which is
> similar concept as XBMC and uses xine-lib (neither vdr-xine or
> vdr-xineliboutput). Will see where that leads :)

this has been my favorite solution for a long time. Makes playing any
media a true joy, but still stays very simple as opposed to various
"media centers" that depend on SQL and whatnot.

Adrian C. (anrxc) | anrxc..sysphere.org | PGP ID: D20A0618
PGP FP: 02A5 628A D8EE 2A93 996E  929F D5CB 31B7 D20A 0618