[vdr] implementing channel plug-in

Lars Bläser lblaeser at mainz-online.de
Tue Jan 5 20:52:16 CET 2010

Theunis Potgieter wrote:
>> There is an object of cChannel for each channel, and they are stored in
>> a list. You can either patch VDR to modify cChannel::Name() so that it
>> takes the original name as an index into some database of yours, or
>> modify the names in your channels.conf and set "Setup/DVB/Update channels"
>> to "PIDs only".
>>
>> Just curious: what's wrong with the original names?
>
> The long names and the short names are the same. Asking my broadcaster
> to fix it would achieve the same results as if you would be talking to
> a brick wall :)

to prevent patching of vdr
how about creating a kind of favorite channel plugin that has its own
"namelist" which refers to the unique channel "markers" (like in
timers.conf)
maybe similar to that
http://famillejacques.free.fr/vdr/prefermenu/

beside the fact that you have you chosen name for the channel it reduces
the channel list to what you need