[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.11
Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Wed Jan 6 13:34:14 CET 2010
VDR developer version 1.7.11 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.7.10:
- Fixed resetting the file size when regenerating the index file.
- The new function cDevice::PatPmtParser() can be used in derived devices to access
the PAT/PMT of the currently replayed material.
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- The PCR pid in generated PMTs is now set to 0x1FFF ("no PCR pid") in
cPatPmtGenerator::GeneratePmt(), because VDR doesn't record the PCR pid.
- Updated the Estonian OSD texts (thanks to Arthur Konovalov).
- The 'sky' plugin is no longer part of the VDR source.
- Improved SPU handling on devices with limited OSD capabilities (thanks to
- Several code modifications to avoid compiler warnings (thanks to Winfried Ko"hler).
- Added stream type 11172 AUDIO to cPatPmtParser::ParsePmt() (thanks to Johann
- Removed debug output of '-' from cTransfer::Receive().
- Added defines for large files to the 'newplugin' script (reported by Udo Richter).
- Removed the workaround for short channel names of "Kabel Deutschland", because
apparently they now have their data according to the DVB standard (thanks to
- Some fixes to dvbspu.[hc] (thanks to Johann Friedrichs).
- Fixed a busy loop when moving editing marks (thanks to Johann Friedrichs).
- Updated sources.conf (thanks to Derek Kelly).
- Modified cCharSetConv so that it can be used to convert from "whatever VDR uses"
to a given code (thanks to Joachim Wilke).
- Channel names containing commas are now handled correctly in channels.conf.
If a channel's short name contains a comma, it is replaced with a '.'.
- cDevice now logs the device number when a new device is created.
- Fixed handling STREAMTYPE_11172_AUDIO in cPatPmtParser::ParsePmt().
- cParsePatPmt now has functions to retrieve the audio, dolby and subtitle pids.
- cPatFilter::Process() now only stores CA descriptors for video and audio pids
(thanks to Francesco Saverio Schiavarelli for reporting a problem with channels
that have some encrypted components that VDR doesn't use).
- cDevice::AddPid() now stores the stream type of the given pid (thanks to Andreas
- Added cFont::FontName() and cFont::Size() (thanks to Andreas Regel).
- cPatPmtParser now also stores the audio stream types.
- The support for full featured DVB cards of the TT/FuSi design has been moved
into the new plugin 'dvbsddevice'. On systems that use such a card as their
primary device, this plugin now needs to be loaded when running VDR in order
to view live or recorded video. If the plugin is not loaded, the card will
be treated like a budget DVB card, and there will be no OSD or viewing
- Fixed handling the "CA PMT" generation (revised a change not mentioned in version
1.7.9's changes, which caused a malfunction with Conax and Viaccess CAMs).
- Fixed stopping subtitle display when switching the primary device (thanks to
IMPORTANT NOTE TO PLUGIN AUTHORS: a plugin that implements a derived cDevice
class that can replay video must now call the MakePrimaryDevice() function of
its base class.
- Fixed compiler warnings "format not a string literal and no format arguments"
in some syslog calls (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- The new command line options --edit and --genindex can be used to edit a
recording or generate its index without actually starting the entire VDR
(based on a patch from Helmut Auer).
- Improved the description of the transponder parameters in vdr.5 (thanks to
- Avoiding setting the video stream type to 2 if the vpid is 0 (problem reported
by Arthur Konovalov).
- Implemented handling the "Content Descriptor" (based on a patch from Rolf
Ahrenberg). The 'classic', 'sttng' and 'curses' skins display the textual
representation of the content descriptors as "genre". The epg.data file stores
the genre using the tag character 'G'.
- Implemented handling the "Parental Rating Descriptor" (based on a patch from Rolf
Ahrenberg). The 'classic', 'sttng' and 'curses' skins display the parental
rating (if given) in their event displays. The epg.data file stores
the parental rating using the tag character 'R'.
IMPORTANT NOTE: if VDR doesn't display a parental rating, this does not
necessarily mean that the given programme is suitable for all audiences!
- Rearranged cEvent members to minimize memory waste.
- After a CLRE command, no further EPG processing is now done for 10 seconds,
so that data sent with subsequent PUTE commands doesn't interfere with data
from the broadcasters (suggested by Helmut Auer).
- Added support for DVB cards with multiple fontends. Note that this only
works for DVB cards where each frontend can be used independently of all
the others on the same adapter.
- Fixed plugin arguments corruption with glibc 2.11 on x86_64 (thanks to
More information about the vdr