[vdr] SVDRP Port

Christian Tramnitz chris.ace at gmx.net
Thu Mar 4 12:44:32 CET 2010

The current SVDRP Port 2001 is being used for several years now, but
unfortunately it has never been registered with IANA.
As such it does not show up in /etc/services and there is no name
resolution for it, i.e. when starting a tcpdump.

While this is not a major issue I'd prefer to register an "official"
port with IANA to avoid port conflicts in the future.
I already checked with them, but port 2001 is already registered to
another service, so doing this we would get a new port number. Since
this is freely configurable in vdr (and most plugins/extensions that
rely on it) I do not see an issue with that.

Any comments/ objections?

Best regards,
    Christian