[vdr] A/V out of sync for a lot of channels

Jörg Knitter joerg.knitter at gmx.de
Wed Mar 10 17:15:31 CET 2010

Am 10.03.2010 11:53, Günter Merz wrote:
> Meanwhile, I've played back a vdr recording in xine (xine-ui) (the file itself,
> not through vdr) and can confirm the a/v sync problem is still there.
>
> I played back the same recording with mplayer and the a/v sync problem seems to
> be gone---maybe with the small note that mplayer takes a few moments to adjust.
>   This pretty much rules out vdr and vdr-xine as the source of the problem as well.
>
> As far as I know, mplayer and ffmpeg use the same codebase (mostly).
>
> > From the above, I deduce that xine-lib or my configuration thereof produces the
> a/v sync problem.
>
> Can anyone confirm or contradict my thesis?

I have seen the same problem on german channels - but not on all, and I
found a common sense:
- channels with MP2 audio: sync ok
- channels with AC3-5.1: sync ok
- channels with AC3-2.0: not always in sync, playing back and forth
helps, there also seems to be a drift over time

I am using yavdr 0.1.1 (http://www.yavdr.de) which also includes XBMC
which is not based on xine. I haven´t seen any sync problems here so far.

With kind regards

Joerg