[vdr] XBMC with vdr-1.6.0 ??

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Thu Mar 25 22:43:46 CET 2010

On 25/03/2010 20:03, Simon Baxter wrote:

> Apart from youe eac3 mods etc, does streamdev _actually_need_ any
> patching to work with xbmc pvr-testing2? Or should
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/hotzenplotz5/test-vdr-lucid/ubuntu/pool/main/v/vdr-plugin-streamdev/vdr-plugin-streamdev_0.5.0~pre20090706+cvs20100307.2102.orig.tar.gz
>
> work fine just compiled with no patches etc?

Honestly I don't know. And that's why using prepackaged set of patches
avoid omitting necessary fixes and most of the time going into trouble
in general.

BTW: Once configured, xbmc pvr-testing2, works for SD, epg,... but lacks
programming feature and fails for me for HDTV. I dunno if my streamdev
really works with HDTV or if its the rendering part that is not able to
use VDPAU... As vdr record the HDTV streams correctly, I suppose
streamdev should only write the TS stream on a socket instead than on
the disk.

--eric