[vdr] Unwatchable channels (vdr-xine, dxr3, vlc, mplayer)

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Fri Oct 8 00:37:26 CEST 2010

>>  with vdr 1.7.16 and reelbox plugin (eHD) this channels are ok in live tv
>>  (even with some BER with my dish, Warszawa seemed to be weaker, i also
>>  got UNC's there but no real problems, only a small picture distortion
>>  some times)
>
> And Reinhard also sees them ok with vdr-xine, while I still have problems
> both with vdr-xine and the dxr3 :-/

I have used to have problems for watching some "pretty weak signal" DVB-T
channels also which seemed always lost the log after 5 minute usage, until
vdr killed and restarted itself. The problem went away for me after I
changed from the vdr settings the EPG scan mode to "newer" or something
like that.
(I am not near to my vdr at the moment, so I can not check the exact
location and text for this menu in the vdr.)

Can you test, whether the same thing could help also you?

I am running 2 card system
- hauppauge hvr-1300
 	dvb-t connected
- hauppauge hvr-4000
 	dvb-s connected
 	dvb-t not connected because vdr does not support using both the
dvb-s and t from the hvr-4000.

Mika