[vdr] vdr 1.7.16 no longer cleans del records from video.01, video.02...

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Tue Oct 12 23:56:16 CEST 2010

On 12.10.2010 17:50, Lou wrote:
> Hello klaus
>
> One of the changes you introduced in 1.7.16 does prevent the deletion of
> ".del" directories and the files inside of video.01, video.02 and so on.
>
> Only the del directories in video.00 with the symbolic links are cleaned up by
> the removing recordings thread.
>
> I guess it is caused by this change from 1.7.15:
>
>> - Fixed following symbolic links in RemoveFileOrDir().
>>

> This bug has been confirmed by other users in vdr-portal.
>
> Any ideas what I can change in the code until 1.7.17 comes out?
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> Lou at vdr-portal

The patch was originally suggested by "atinar" at

  http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=920661#post920661

and I adopted it with a suggestion from "Urig".
Looks like nobody tested the patch in

  http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=936545#post936545

otherwise this malfunction might have been detected earlier ;-)

Unless "atinar" or somebody else comes up with a fixed version
of this patch, I'll simply revert to the previous version.

Klaus