[vdr] epgsearch plugin memory leak

Christian Wieninger cwieninger at gmx.de
Sat Aug 20 15:02:46 CEST 2011

Hi Richard,

unfortunately I'm not aware of any leaks, if so I would have fixed them ;)
Perhaps you can find out in which circumstances the memory usage
increases. Candidates are:
- search timer updates, should not matter how you trigger them, e.g. via
svdrpsend.pl plug epgsearch upds
- timer conflict check
- simply navigating through the epgsearch menus in OSD

Using valgrind would also be a good way to search for the leaks. I've
done this before too. But the leak may also depend on your personal
usage of epgsearch (e.g. search timer settings, blacklists,...), and
therefore did not appear in my valgrind checks.
Feel free to send me your VDR configuration (*.conf,
epgsearch-config-dir, epg.data) for testing.

Cheers,
Christian