[vdr] Plugin for MHEG (BBC RedButton service)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 19 13:26:08 CET 2011

Dear John,

Am Samstag, den 19.03.2011, 11:49 +0000 schrieb John Williams:

> I have adapted the standalone "redbutton" program
> (http://redbutton.sourceforge.net/) into a plugin for VDR. This allows
> me to view the "Redbutton" data service broadcast by the BBC.

great to hear that. To everyone as ignorant about MHEG as me please read
[1]. John, thank you for the screenshots on your project site.
Unfortunately MHEG is not available in Germany according to [1].

> This is a preliminary version of the plugin and it is not robust enough
> for general use, but if anyone would like to experiment with it, the
> source code can be downloaded from http://pond-weed.com/redbutton/

I could not find a repository on your site. I think it greatly eases the
task to provide patches. If you do not want to set one up yourself and
you need a host you could use for example [2].

Thanks,

Paul

[1] https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/MHEG-5
[2] http://projects.vdr-developer.org/