[vdr] delete no event timers

Lou tuxoholic at hotmail.de
Sun Oct 23 10:33:36 CEST 2011

I noticed vdr 1.7.16 sometimes waits unusually long until a VPS timer
set to "no event" is getting deleted.

Mostly it works fine, meaning: vdr will delete no event timers after a
few seconds or minutes. But there are the occassional oddities, where it
takes more than an hour, which in return will cause the media center to
stay on longer than necessary during overnight recordings. This also
would not encourage me much to leave vdr unmaintained for a few days
during holidays.

Does somebody have a solution for this problem (e.g. a "recording-hook
AFTER" checking timers, removing those dirty ones using svdrpsend) ?