[vdr] xineliboutput cvs won't compile

Laz laz at club-burniston.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 10:34:06 CEST 2011

On Thursday 27 Oct 2011, Marco Göbenich wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I tried to compile xineliboutput from CVS, but I get an error message:
>
> xine_frontend_main.o: In function `main':
> xine_frontend_main.c:(.text+0x867): undefined reference to `EXIT'
> xine_frontend_main.c:(.text+0x895): undefined reference to `EXIT'
> xine_frontend_main.c:(.text+0x909): undefined reference to `EXIT'
>
> I looked at the source code but the EXIT macro is not defined.

I had the same problem. It arose for me because HAVE_XCOMPOSITE was not
being defined in features.h by the configure script. Adding the line

#define HAVE_XCOMPOSITE 1

to features.h (along with the combination of other libraries configure had
found) meant that all of the EXIT calls were removed by the preprocessor
due to #ifdefs.

Not the best of methods but it let me compile and it seems to work OK so
far in my (very brief) tests. It may or may not work for you!

Cheers,

Laz