[vdr] Undetected channels on transponders switching from DVB-S to DVB-S2

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Tue Sep 13 20:17:05 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 11.09.2011 11:37, schrieb Henning Pingel:

> My questions are based on the experience when two transponders switched
> from DVB-S to DVB-S2 in 2011:
> 1) On S28.2E the transponder containing the BBC HD channels did this.
> 2) On S19.2E the transponder now containing the Sonnenklar.HD TV did
> this.
>
> In both cases VDR wasn't able to add the new DVB-S2 channels to the
> channels.conf automatically as long as not all predecessor channels had
> been manually removed from the channels.conf.

 From VDR 1.7.20 announcement:

> - Now scanning new transponders before old ones, to make sure transponder changes
>   are recognized (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).

Regarding Sonnenklar.HD TV: it appeared automatically in my
channels.conf without further modifications. I have developed
this patch for 1.7.17 so I haven't modified my channels.conf by
hand since then. In case this transponder change has happened
since 1.7.17, it seems that VDR 1.7.20 should be able to add the
new channel automatically.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl