[vdr] eepg plugin + UK freeviewHD = }?Ln??X??Z?Z

Stuart Morris stuart_morris at talk21.com
Thu Sep 29 15:15:35 CEST 2011

--- On Thu, 29/9/11, Dominic Evans <oldmanuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Dominic Evans <oldmanuk at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [vdr] eepg plugin + UK freeviewHD = }?Ln??X??Z?Z
> Date: Thursday, 29 September, 2011, 13:25
> On 29 September 2011 13:14, Dominic
> Evans <oldmanuk at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On 29 September 2011 13:00, Stuart Morris <stuart_morris at talk21.com>
> wrote:
> >> Looking at the source code for Eepg it's not
> looking for the Freeview private data descriptor tag
> 0x0000233a.
> >> Does anyone know where I could find information on
> Freeview descriptors?
> >> Would they be the same as Freesat?
> >
> > I doubt they would be the same, but perhaps
> > http://deadpenguin.org/svn/dp/trunk/src/core_si.c is a
> start for you
> > to investigate from?
> >

> You probably need to get hold of a copy of the DTG D-Book
> to get
> actual documentation of the private data descriptors.
>
> http://www.dtg.org.uk/publications/books.html

The Freeview private data descriptor I referred to above came from the Deadpenguin developer website. Unfortunately Deadpenguin does not appear to use the Freeview private data descriptor.

The D-Book is THE reference, but £10000 is rather steep for access to technical data.

Are there any applications or libraries that can analyse DVB streams and list the descriptors?

Thanks
Stuart