Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Wed Apr 4 22:48:13 CEST 2012

On 04.04.2012 20:36, Dominic Evans wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> On 25 March 2012 12:45, Klaus Schmidinger<Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de>  wrote:
>> - The channel name column in the "What's on now/next" menu now adjusts its
>> width
>>   to display the full short name of each channel (suggested by Dominic
>> Evans).
>
> With the additional patch to fix the bug with getting a single column
> width (that I previously mentioned), this still isn't quite working
> correctly.
>
> See this screenshot – http://sadpanda.us/images/901762-Z1591G2.jpg
>
> The column has been widened, but the displayed channel names are
> seemingly cropped to the old width?
>
> BBC ON rather than BBC ONE
> BBC TW rather than BBC TWO
> Channe rather than Channel 4
> etc.

Are you sure you're using the right version of menu.c?
The macro CHNAMWIDTH must be used 3 times there:

#> grep -n CHNAMWIDTH menu.c

52:#define CHNAMWIDTH  (Channels.MaxShortChannelNameLength() + 1)
1390::cOsdMenu(Now ? tr("What's on now?") : tr("What's on next?"), CHNUMWIDTH, CHNAMWIDTH, 6, 4)
1614:  SetCols(CHNUMWIDTH, CHNAMWIDTH, 7, 6, 4);
1633:  SetCols(CHNUMWIDTH, CHNAMWIDTH, 7, 6, 4);

Klaus