[vdr] Filesystem hierachy standard patch needs review.

Gero geronimo013 at gmx.de
Sat Apr 7 06:50:23 CEST 2012

On Saturday 07 April 2012 - 04:05:16, VDR User wrote:
> I can't stand when things are installed all over the place.

Let's take a quick look at real life:
if you need to exchange the tooth belt on your motorcycle - will you perform
that task in your living room?

if you visit your friend for the first time and you look for a cold beer - will
you look in his bedroom?

In real life we all "spread our things all over the house" to keep them in
order. The refrigerator will be placed in the kitchen, the car in the garage
and your bed will most probably be in your bedroom.

If you like to sleep on toilet or shit in your kitchen - I don't mind.
For me, people that like to keep their PC in order behave quite natural,
there's no need to offend them for thinking different.

kind regards

Gero