[vdr] playing two audio streams at the same time

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Mon Aug 6 16:56:48 CEST 2012

Hello,

Is it possible today with vdr, to send one audio channel to the
headphones and the other audio channel to the speakers (or another
headphones)?    (it wasn't possible about 4 years ago)

Example: we watch a film recorded from Arte, and my wife wants to listen to
the French, and I want to listen to the German audio channel.

If it's possible, what version do I need at least and what must be
configured?

If not, what would be the effort for a VDR developer to implement such a
feature (in hours, $, € or whatever)?

Or do you know other free software for watching and recording TV, with
such a feature?

TIA for any hints!
--
           Peter