[vdr] ATSC scanning support request

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Sat Aug 25 04:04:44 CEST 2012

ATSC is the standard for OTA broadcast in the US now. It would be nice
if support could be built into vdr now. The plugin for getting eit data
and scanning for channels hasn't been updated in 2 years. It still has
problems. on my x64 system, it seg faults most of the time when trying
to scan for channels. It's more of a fluke that when it does work. And
boradcasters don't follow the standards or something because I often
don't have guide data when a 60$ converter box is able to find guide data.

It would be nice to have its functions moved to VDR and then just dump
the plugin. It served it's purpose when ATSC was just starting to be
used, but it's time to build it in instead of it being an after thought.