[vdr] vdr on AllWinner A10, possible or madness?

Andreas Baierl list at imkreisrum.de
Mon Dec 3 10:55:28 CET 2012

Hi,

i'm using the following setup:
MeleA2000 as headless vdr-server:
- debian/unstable/armhf
- vdr-1.7.32 with streamdev, vnsiserver, xvdr, dummydevice
- Opera DVB-S1 and TeVii S650 USB

MeleA100 as client:
- debian/unstable/armhf
- xbmc (a10-version) - pvr-output via vnsi-plugin

Works not that bad, though i have some issues with pixelformat atm.

Allwinners A10 is imho a great SoC, the Mele HTPCs have many ports to
use. Development is growing rapidly the last months.
The ultimate goal would be implementation in a native vdr output plugin,
e.g. softhddevice, or implementation of a10's gpu and vpu in libva/xine ...
Unfortunately, i don't have the skills to help coding...

Regards.