[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.33
Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Sat Dec 8 12:38:30 CET 2012
VDR developer version 1.7.33 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
This version of VDR no longer sets LC_NUMERIC to "C" in order to make
sure any floating point numbers written to configuration files use a
proper decimal point. It rather explicitly converts such numbers using the
new functions atod() and dtoa().
IF YOU USE PLUGINS THAT STORE FLOATING POINT NUMBERS IN THEIR OWN CONFIGURATION
FILES, YOU SHOULD SET
BEFORE RUNNING VDR, UNTIL THESE PLUGINS HAVE BEEN PROPERLY UPDATED.
The changes since version 1.7.32:
- In order to be able to play TS recordings from other sources, in which there is
more than one PMT PID in the PAT, 'int cPatPmtParser::PatPmt(void)' has been changed
to 'bool cPatPmtParser::IsPatPmt(int Pid)'.
- Fixed learning remote control keys with the LCARS skin.
- Updated the Macedonian OSD texts (thanks to Dimitar Petrovski).
- Fixed getting only non-video packets in cCuttingThread::GetPendingPackets() (reported
by Sören Moch).
- Changed all occurrences of MPEG4 to H264 (pointed out by Sören Moch).
- Fixed getting the number of editing sequences in case the last sequence has no actual
- The cutter now only increments the TS continuity counter for packets that have a
payload (pointed out by Sören Moch).
- Fixed adjusting the DTS values in the cutter, to compensate for dropped B-frames
(pointed out by Sören Moch).
- Fixed a typo in skins.h (thanks to Lars Hanisch).
- Simplified calculating the PTS offset in cPtsFixer::Fix() and fixed the overflow
handling of PCR values (thanks to Sören Moch).
- Fixed calling iconv_close() only with a valid iconv_t value (thanks to Juergen Lock).
- Fixed faulty opening of the Recordings menu when pressing the Play key during normal
live viewing mode in case there is a "last viewed" recording.
- Fixed some #include statements in plugins to use <vdr/...> instead of "vdr/..."
(thanks to Lars Hanisch).
- Fixed some spellings in osd.h and svdrp.c (thanks to Ville Skyttä).
- Fixed handling lowercase polarization characters in channel definitions if no DiSEqC
is used (reported by Mike Hay, actual bug pointed out by Stefan Huelswitt).
- Synchronizing system time to the transponder time is now done using adjtime() in order
to avoid discontinuities (suggested by Manuel Reimer). If the time difference is more
than 10 seconds, stime() is still used to do the initial sync.
- The '7' and '9' keys now jump to the very beginning or end, respectively, of the
recording, even if there is no mark set at that point (following a request from
- Now always setting the TDT EIT filter, because otherwise when turning on using the
transponder time in the Setup menu, it would only be used after the next restart
of VDR (thanks to Sundararaj Reel).
- The new functions cDevice::CanScaleVideo() and cDevice::ScaleVideo() can be used by
derived output devices to implement scaling the video to a given size and location
(based on a suggestion by Lucian Muresan).
- The SVDRP command HITK now discards any keys if the remote control is currently
turned off (thanks to Alexander Hans).
- The new remote control key "Play/Pause" can be used with remote controls that don't
have separate keys for "Play" and "Pause", but rather have a single key for both
functions (thanks to Stefan Hofmann for suggesting to implement support for such
- The new option "Setup/Replay/Pause on mark set" can be used to activate automatically
going into Pause mode if an editing mark is set during replay (suggested by Andre
- When regenerating the index of a recording, the frame rate stored in the info file
is now automatically fixed if it differs from the value detected by the frame
- Fixed creating the edited version directory if a relative file name is given in
the call to 'vdr --edit' (the '/video' part was stripped from the given file name
even if it wasn't there).
- The new option "Setup/Replay/Progress display time" can be used to activate
automatically displaying the progress display whenever replay of a recording is
started (suggested by Stefan Blochberger).
- Changed reading and writing of floating point numbers into configuration files to
make it independent of the decimal point used in the current locale. All calls to
atof() have been replaced with the new function atod(), which makes sure the string
representation of a floating point number using a '.' as decimal point will be
handled correctly, even if the locale in use expects a ',' as the decimal point.
Plugins that read floating point numbers from their own configuration files will
also need to use atod() for this, or use a method of their own (this is not necessary
if values are stored in VDR's setup.conf file, because VDR takes care of this).
The reason for these changes is that floating point numbers presented to the user
shall be displayed in the way defined by the current locale (suggested by Stefan
If you use plugins that store floating point values in configuration files of their
own and have not yet been adapted to this change, you should set
before running VDR. Otherwise your plugin's configuration data may not be read or
- The new functions SetItemEvent(), SetItemTimer(), SetItemChannel() and
SetItemRecording() of the cSkinDisplayMenu class can be reimplemented by skin
plugins to display these items in a more elaborate way than just a simple line of
More information about the vdr